Monday, September 8, 2008

EMPLOYED!

It's finally happened... someone hired me!

You are reading the blog of the new front of house supervisor for lunch and brunch at Veritable Quandary. :)

This restaurant is awesome. It has been a Portland mainstay of Pacific Northwest cuisine for over 30 years. We've been there for brunch a few times and it never ceases to amaze (the Brioche Stuffed French Toast with carmelized bananas and mascarpone cheese is oh-my-gah).

The weekend that Paul and I moved here, we took my parents and Paul's dad there for brunch on their lovely garden patio.

We also visited for brunch on our honeymoon.
This will actually be a pretty similar position to what I was doing at Troppo in Lansing. It's different day to day, but mainly I will be overseeing the flow of lunch and brunch, including seating guests, checking in with servers and the kitchen to make sure everything is on time and under control, generally running around and make sure all ducks are in a row. :) I'm sure there are more specific duties than that, but I won't learn those until I start on Wednesday!

So hoorah! I will NOT be homeless by Christmas as I was beginning to suspect!

I'll let you know how my first day goes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about getting back into the restaurant biz. It's serious business around here. I am sure it will be great though, especially at such a well-known place. Wish me luck!

Love,
Jenny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll be awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

How was your first day?

Platinum Events Blog said...

Yay that's awesome! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Your dad just gave us your blog address. How cool to read what's going on in your life right now. I'm jealous. (the new area, new things, etc.). Sounds like you're in a great place (pdx) for everything. Congrats and can't wait to read more.