Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Adventures with Buckley

Clearly my plan of posting multiple posts yesterday did not work! I ran out of my two hours of free wireless access (limited access - how lame is that??). Today I am at the 3rd St. Stumptown (or as my Mom accidentally called it, Sump Pump Coffee) enjoying an iced coffee, and I will camp out at this table until they physically remove me.

I thought I'd give a little update on Buckley. I think it's safe to say he is loving the city-dog life. He has certainly gotten comfortable with his new home. Here he is sunning himself on our balcony:

Not a bad life eh? One of the great things about this city is the enormous number of off-leash dog parks in the area. Last week we took Buckley out to a few of them to see what it's all about. He loved it! He has great manners with other dogs, never starts any fights and loves to play. It's so much fun to watch him, but the even greater reward is how tired he is when we get home. :)

There is a small-ish off-leash area at Gabriel Park that we've gone to a couple times. This last time, there were easily 50 dogs there! It was great to see them all interact. Here he is playing around with some of his new buddies there.


Another great park is the Mt. Tabor park. Not only is the off-leash area huge here, but it's also full of trails and trees - not just the typical open field. I didn't get to snap any shots yet, but the view from Mt. Tabor is amazing. You can see the entire city off the West side, and off the other side you have a great view of Mt. Hood when it is clear. Here are a couple shots of Buckley enjoying himself at this park.



This truly is a great city for dogs. Almost everywhere you go is dog-friendly, and it's so easy to get out of the city a little bit and give them some wide open spaces to play in (there are even some dog parks tucked right into the city too). Buckley has particularly enjoyed all the attention he is getting. Everywhere we go, tons of people comment on how pretty he is, and he gets lots of pets from people. I think it's going to his head. :)

Love,
Jenny

p.s. I love comments, so feel free to leave some! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw buckface! he looks so happy. :)