Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hi everyone! Since I have lots of stuff to blog about, I'm breaking it up into a few posts. With any luck, I'll get them all out in the remaining 40 minutes that I have on this free wi-fi. :)

Last Friday, the 22nd, we went to an AMAZING concert - STS9 (Sound Tribe Sector 9) at Edgefield. Edgefield is this cool kind of adult playground. Almost a town in itself, it's full of nothing but bars, pubs, wineries, and of course this giant amphitheater. This show was... intense. I had never actually heard of them until Paul told me he was getting tickets. They are sort of an electronic jam band (I uploaded a short video clip below from the show so you can hear it). They played for about 2 hours straight, and I swear every single person in there was dancing for the entire show. Even Paul. :) Once it got dark out, it got even better with the light show on the stage. Here are a couple pics and a video clip.






The next morning, we made a trip to the Portland Farmer's Market. I've said it before, but I'll say it again... this is the most gorgeous gathering of flowers and produce I've seen. The air smells like fruit, there's live music playing in the center, everyone is in good spirits. Walking around and tasting all the samples isn't half bad either.

With the stuff we picked up that morning, Paul made a most delicious beef stew with carrots, potatoes, leeks, and I think some other root vegetables. Something about local, fresh ingredients tastes so good.

Okay, another update coming as soon as I can upload the photos and type it out! :)

Love,
Jenny






No comments: