Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

So I am the big 2-7 today. Yeah late twenties!

And guess what I got for my birthday this morning?

That's right, a rock through my car window! How very thoughtful. You shouldn't have. Really.

While it was a glorious way to start my birthday, turns out I wasn't the only one. Note the numerous piles of crumbled glass further up the curb as well. Some drunk idiot must have had himself a field day.

Here's Pauly, vaccuuming up the glass at 8am this morning:

My awesome ghetto ride now:
On the upside, the culprit did not try to steal anything. Just wanted to bust out some windows. Still, I feel... violated.

In happier news, as part of Paul's graduation celebration I took him to the Pistons vs. Trailblazers game at Rose Garden Arena on Wednesday. I was torn over who to root for... old home team, or new home team? I went with the Blazers. Glad I did. :)
The view from our seats:


A divided home :) (click on the picture to see it larger, if you can't read their signs):

This is also when the game started to get interesting. The Blazers had been behind for most of the game, but in the second half they came back big time. They kept going back and forth, one-upping each other by one point. The Blazers ended up winning by one point, with 8 seconds left in the game!

And believe me, the place got LOUD. I have a video of the last few seconds of the game, but I'm having some trouble uploading. I'll add it later.

I can't believe I forgot to post this earlier... the Sunday after Christmas, one of the Blazers came into the VQ for brunch! I just had to get a pic. Call me starstruck. This is #44, Channing Frye. He's gigantic.

Turns out he is quite the foodie, and the VQ is one of his favorites. A very exciting day indeed.

I'm off to enjoy (?) being 27. Thank you to everyone who has sent me wonderful birthday wishes. It makes up for my lousy birthday surprise. :)

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I forgot how pretty you look in your red coat (love your new errings too!)
Love, Mom