Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White Christmas

Remember that silly little snowstorm I blogged about last week? Well, it didn't stop... in fact it got much worse. Portland has not seen this much snow in decades. The city is so ill equipped, our county actually declared a state of emergency. Almost everything has been closed, including both of our places of employment. While we have been enjoying the snow days, we are SO OVER IT. I cannot wait for this stuff to melt, so life can return to normal! I haven't had anything to blog about in days, since we can barely leave the apartment.

The good news is, Paul's Mom and sister Erica made it in to PDX today!! The bad news though, is that both of his other siblings' flights yesterday were canceled due to the weather. So, they and Paul's Dad have had to change their travel plans and they are now driving up from Sacramento tomorrow. I am so happy they will still be able to get here, but I feel awful about how difficult it is for them. Stupid weather! My parents are due to arrive tomorrow, so I have my fingers crossed that their flights will go smoothly.

Day 1 of family Christmas has been great! Delicious lunch at Rogue, coffee break, and then a scrumptious, cozy dinner at Le Happy, a darling french creperie a few blocks away from us. I had a delectable crepe filled with goat cheese, caramelized onions, fresh green apples and bacon... mmmmm. It's going to be a good week.

Here are some pics I took of all the snow yesterday. It's insane!

This is at 12th and Glisan, 3 blocks from home:


People were walking down the middle of the streets everywhere, since a lot of sidewalks weren't cleared (things are in much better shape today though).



Think any of these cars are going anywhere?


And here is Paul, Mom Mayo and Erica at the Jameson Square Christmas tree tonight, on our way to Le Happy. Merry Christmas!


Love,
Jenny

No comments: