Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sky on Fire

I was riding my bike home from work the other day along the riverfront at dusk, staring at Mt. Hood, which the sunset had turned bright pink. While I was staring off to the east, I noticed everyone around me was stopped in their tracks looking west. I almost fell off my bike when I saw what they were looking at - it was one of the craziest sunsets I've ever seen:


It really looked like the sky was on fire. It was fleeting, though... by the time I found a good spot to stop and take a picture, it had already diminished a great deal. By the time I got home and ran out on to the balcony, in hopes of getting an even better shot, it was gone completely. What a sweet 10 minutes though. There were literally people everywhere pulling out their phones and cameras to take pictures.

Paul and I have our day off together tomorrow, I wonder what sorts of adventures we'll get into this time...

Love,
Jenny

No comments: