Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We have arrived

I definitely intended to write a blog sooner than this! We moved into our new apartment on Saturday, but between unpacking, showing my parents around, and not having internet access at home... it's just been impossible! It should also be noted that I tried to post this blog on Wednesday, while using the free wireless at a gelato shop, but my battery died before I could finish. I also tried to finish yesterday while at a coffee shop, but my battery died again before I could finish. So here I am at a coffee shop again, and let's hope that third time's a charm.

We're getting all settled in and LOVING IT!

The drive was long, but fairly uneventful. Especially Nebraska. Things really started to feel official here:

I was hoping to snap a shot of a "You are now leaving Michigan" sign, but it turns out there isn't one. At least not on 94. So, a "Welcome to Indiana" will have to do!


Road-trippin' doggy!



































Here is what Nebraska looked like... all 400 or so miles. It was the worst.

Note to people of Nebraska: I'm sure your state is lovely. It just really sucks to drive through. Really sucks. And even has a weird smell most of the time.

Welcome to Oregon - almost there!


















We're slowly but surely settling into our apartment. The building is awesome. Buckley has already met lots of dogs, and people in the building seem generally friendly. We even have a 24/7 concierge in our building! It's so nice having someone at the door to say "welcome back" each time we arrive.

We're about 50% unpacked. We sold all of our furniture in Michigan so that we wouldn't have to move any out here, so the apartment is a little bare! We will be hitting up IKEA soon though, so it should feel a little more cozy soon. In my first post, I mentioned we were enjoying three camp chairs and an air mattress. Well, due to someone's crappy craftsmanship, we are now enjoying just one camp chair and an air mattress. And a desk! We bought our first piece of furniture at West Elm yesterday, a white desk. Probably one of the lower-priority pieces, but hey, it was a good deal and we needed a desk. So behold, our first new piece.

Awesome, huh?

Here is how are currently looking (well, as of two days ago when I took this picture and intended to post this blog - we are actually much further along now).

A little ways to go, but getting there!

The Portland Farmers Market was in the Pearl yesterday, so we brought our canvas tote bags for a visit. This is the most beautiful, delicious gathering of fruits, vegetables, flowers and music ever. I'm kicking myself for forgetting my camera. But, the market will be downtown tomorrow, so maybe I'll head over there and take some pics.

We've been spending much of our time at Rogue Public House. This is great beer, definitely try it if you haven't already (you can buy it in Michigan).

And now before my battery dies, I need to apply for some more jobs. Nope, haven't found one yet. But I've got some potential interest... I'll get into detail if any of them pan out. :)

Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool blog! Keep the updates coming. :)